11/07/2013

PLACES / CHINA - A YEAR AGO

sorry that my blog posts have been a little quiet of late but, i'm back on a roll! it's now been a whole year now since we've been back after a year away teaching in China. i can't quite believe how quickly this year has gone and to think in August it will be two years ago that we packed in our jobs & left beloved Bristol to embark on our Chinese adventure. 

here are a handful of picture from out year in China. if you're interested in teaching English in China or would like to see more pictures then take a look at my blog which, was my diary of my time as a teacher and traveler.   








above photos by Kate / Thrifters


1. Leshan Giant Buddah, Sichuan 
2. Zhāngjiājiè National Park, Hunan 
3. A very hung over Chris & Kate, oh........ & a Panda! Honestly it's not a man in a costume!
4. Terracotta Warriors, Xian  
5. Chris & Qīngdǎo known as "Tsingtao" Chinas famous beer is brewed here

if you have any questions about teaching abroad & what to expect or china leave a comment or get in touch.... and if you too have taught abroad i'd love to hear your stories! 





2 comments:

  1. China sounds like an experience!

    I taught English in Germany, which isn't that exciting because I spent most of my life there between moves to Bangladesh and finally the UK. When I was 14 my English teacher asked me if I wanted to tutor another birl from school in English. From that time on I tutored others till I left the country in 2009. I also taught English essay writing and creative writing at university level, which I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it certainly was an experience nadia & one i won't ever forget : ) it sounds like you've had great teaching experience from a young age, which is amazing & although it might not seem exciting to you i bet it certainly was! i have stories from china which no longer seem every exciting to me but others love to hear them, even day to day life out there become the norm, it's just what you get used too.

      Delete